Super Steel Grit
Opta Minerals your source for Blast Cleaning Abrasives:
When the scouring power of shot isn’t enough, the sharp, angular structure of Super Steel Grit offers the raw cutting power to clean a wide variety of surfaces and part.
Advantages of Super Steel Grit
- 200 to 1000 times recyclable, depending on hardness, velocity, type of job and carry out losses.
- Versatile - can be used on Wheel Blast Machines and Pressure Operated Blast Systems.
- High Density and strength for fast blast rate and low dust
- Super Steel Grit is manufactured according to the International Standards SAE J444 and SAE J827
Available Sizes of Super Steel Grit:
|GP Super Steel Grit, (46-50HRC)||GP Super Steel Grit rounds off rapidly in use and is particularly suited for removing sand of casting and scaling oxide.|
|GL Super Steel Grit, (56-60HRC)||GL Super Steel Grit is harder than GP Steel Grit. It loses sharpness during operation and is suited for plate and section preparation.|
|GH Super Steel Grit, (60-66HRC)||GH Super Steel Grit has maximum hardness to maintain angularity during operation and provides a constant cutting (etching) action. GH Super Steel Grit is specifically designed for Air Blast Operations.|
|C||0.85 - 1.20%|
|Mn||0.60 - 1.20%|
|Si||0.50 - 1.20%|
|GP Super Steel Grit, (46-50HRC)||GL Super Steel Grit, (56-60HRC)||GH Super Steel Grit, (63-65HRC)|
|Microstructure:||Homogeneous tempered Martensite and Baintite||Homogeneous tempered Martensite and Baintite||Homogeneous tempered Martensite and Baintite|
|Hardness:||46-50 HRC (see our hardness index)||56-60 HRC (see our hardness index)||60-66HRC (see our hardness index)|
- In 55lb bags; 2200 lb sacs; Steel drums.
Super Steel Grit